In My Mailbox: (4) of 2012

Hi, all.  My weekend kind of sucked majorly (SATs, personal life dramas that I'd rather not discuss on the blog at this present time), so I apologize if this post seems impersonal and meh.  I got some great books this week, and I'd like to share a bit about them with you.  As always, thank the lovely Alea from Pop Culture Junkie for inspiring this meme, and Kristi from The Story Siren for running it.  Now, let's see what's in my mailbox!

Review:




Woodrose Mountain by RaeAnne Thayne

Pure by Julianna Baggott  (Came with a cute button and a butterfly toy - win)

(Thank you to Harlequin, Planned TV Arts, and Grand Central Publishing for these review books. :)  )

Bought: 








Moon Spell by Samantha Young  (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

Marked by Kim Richardson  (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

Fledgling by Natasha Brown (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

Anathema by K.A.Tucker (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

Daughter of the Sea by Mira Zamin (e-book) (Kindle freebie)

(I love Amazon freebies, and what's nice is that I feel like I could take a day next weekend and just READ a few of these and enjoy them.  Stress, you will be conquered!)

Library:






The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer (e-book)

The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter (e-book)

The Cement Garden by Ian McEwan

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Teeth: Vampire Tales edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling


I got a lot of freebies/library books this week.  After everything that happened, I'm up for a lot of comfort/pure pleasure reading between review books, so expect a review or two from those.  I also read Sisters Red, and when I get time here I'm going to write up an analytical post sans normal review structure or grade on it.  The book had a lot of parallels I'd like to talk about and dissect without giving a grade to it.  So, what's in your mailbox?  Have you read any of those self-pub freebies?  Are any worth the time?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

4 comments:

Madigan McGillicuddy said...

I loved Sisters Red. Hope you do too!

Katie (Call Me Crazy) said...

I keep seeing pure around the internet and I seriously can't wait to read it now, that's awesome it came with some fun goodies! I have Sister's Red, but still need to read it, love the cover! Awesome books this week, Happy Reading! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm looking forward to some nice "I just want to read this" books. I have a few review books to get through first though. Not that I'm not excited about those of course! But it's nice to read purely for fun and not for review or school.

sorry about the drama. I hope all is well. feel free to email me if you need to talk. :)

-Lauren

roro said...

njoy all
i quite liked pure
imm